ABOUT ME

1:44 PM Posted by Lori Calabrese

I guess I was a little bit of a tomboy growing up. All you have to do is ask my next door neighbor who, for some reason or another, I chased down the street with a wiffle-ball bat! You can't hold it against me because I was only seven, and hey, a girl had to do everything she could to hang with her older brother's friends.

Since then, I haven't chased anyone with a wiffle-ball bat, but sports have been an integral part of my life--From playing wiffle-ball in my backyard to playing on the volleyball team at school to attending countless sporting events. Even career-wise, I've always leaned toward sports. I have had the fortunate opportunity to work for The New York Mets, and World Wrestling Entertainment. After the birth of my two boys, I rediscovered my love of writing and eventually made the leap to become a full-time freelance magazine and children's book writer. Since then, I've written about everything from Ancient Romans washing their clothes in urine to peculiar penguins to animals that play dead. And I have to admit, I especially love writing sports stories.

There's something about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat that lends itself to wonderful stories-both fiction and nonfiction. I've always found myself drawn to books about sports which is why I chose to devote an entire blog to sports and reading.
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: